The thematics targeted by the graduated students are :
- electrical engineering
- instrumentation and metrology by waves and particles (plasma diagnostics)
- nuclear engineering: materials, radioprotection, nuclear measures
- computing and numerical methods: simulation and modelling of complex systems.
With strong skills on these different technologies added to knowledge of plasma physics, the M2 Large facilities graduates are armed with the highest levels to apply for positions of research scientist in physics, research engineer, design and construction engineer, project leader, whether in public sector within large research labs or in the private sector, within companies or industrial groups showing a strong research and development activity:
- National research institutions : CEA, CNRS, ONERA
- Industrial groups : AREVA, CANBERRA, ALSTOM, AIR-LIQUIDE, THALES, NEXANS, COMEX, EADS, ITHPP, …